Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Lenore S Fingers Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?
Patrizio: We are a melancholy metal band from Italy, formed in 2010, by the ideas of Federica Lenore.

2.You have a new album coming out this month, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical direction you have taken with the new recording?
Patrizio: Our music is not inspired by any current or band of the past, of course we have been influenced by our favourite music, but the project is the result of Lenore's ideas transported in music and interpreted by us all, according to our feelings. The songs are governed by arpeggios with a background of distortions. In this all the melancholic voice is always the protagonist.

3.Can you tell us a little bit more about the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
Federica: My lyrics are about various topics, they deal with the events I have experienced in my life, such as the disappearance of my beloved ones, or, more generally, the disappointment in finding out the reality of how the world works. I try to express what I feel and what I have felt as much as possible through my lyrics, through my vocal style and through my arpeggios.

4.One of your songs was based on Greek Mythology, do you have a huge interest in this topics?
Federica: I am into Greek mythology thanks to my classical studies but I have always admired the Greek culture ... I have always imagined these people having a very special relationship with the world and with nature around them and, also, they have been able to capture the true essence of life. Plus, my passion is fueled by the fact that the land where I was born, at the time of the Greeks, were a greek territory so I feel like I am their child.

5.I know that the band name came from the comics of Roman Dirge and the fantasy novels of Dave Firth, what was the decision behind using it as a ban name?
Federica: The name was chosen by Patrick, who used to call me "Lenore" because he was use to tell me I was similar to the cute girl regarding my character and attitude. Lenore And Salad Fingers both describe ''visually'' our music in a antic way.

6.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
Patrizio: At the moment we have had few opportunities to play live, because even before the release of the CD we wanted to perform. But among the few live we have done, we remember with great pleasure the two lives of openness to the Dawn of Morrigan, who are wonderful people. On stage we try to recreate the atmosphere of the album and to involve the largest audience as much as possible.

8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of gothic metal?
Federica: We really had a lot of positive reviews from various magazines, but what made ​​us the most pleasure were the messages of appreciation we received from individuals unknown.

9.What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
Federica: We hope we could keep on composing our own music and if there will be occasions to play live around thethe world or even just collaborate with other artists.. that would be great.

10.What are some bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Federica: My favorite bands are Dead Can Dance, Katatonia, Anathema, type o negative and Paradise Lost ... Patrick listens to modern hardcore bands even if he appreciates the music i listen to. Gianfranco and Domenico prefer more extreme genres while Joseph loves progressive metal.

11.DO you have any non musical interests?
Patrizio: I think for all of us, the main interest is music .... then i guess video games (included Federica).

No comments:

Post a Comment