Friday, August 1, 2014
1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?
1. We are a greek thrash metal band which play true thrash for those people who want to hear something aggressive but without noise and without the usual vocals that we have used to hear at thrash bands. We have recorded 3 Eps and one demo "Alley of Fear" . At this time Peter is the only one member who records and write all the instruments . We are against Politics , Posers and money. We are people who do not use the music like a way to make money . We only want to make good music!
2.Recently you have released a new ep, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
2. It is difficult to explain. At my opinion this is a kind o old school thrash metal Cd, which has a melodic sense. We play a weird kind of metal .You cant say , this is a thrash metal , but you can hear a melodic sound view with a lot aggressive riffs and some thrash drums.
3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
4. We write lyrics about death, but not with the usual sense. We try a more philosophical way to approach the topic of death and madness . We also try to make stories about monsters , deads , alleys and similar kind of staff.
4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Insaniter'?
4. Insaniter is a word which means Maniacs! For us mean thrash maniacs , means the violence , the true thrash. If you search at dictionary , it does not exist , but you will find the word Insanity
5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?
5. We played a lot of lives shows , at Music team of Rethymno , at some Bars ,and all of them was great! Our performance was really good, you know, if you have to organize the live show, to carry all the staff (monitors, amp , consoles etc) , and after you have to play thrash, yes it difficult because you dont have power, but we really play with our souls and really like what we have done.
6.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
6. We dont have plans for tour because at this time we will work to make Cds without lives shows. We have almost record 3 new Eps. At this time our band will be a kind like burzum or darkthrone , but at thrash music .
7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of thrash metal?
8. It is really great! Thrash fans always want to hear something new! this is so great! Every day people write to me their opinions about Insaniter and the most of them are very good. That means a lot to us , their support is the best! A lot of people need time to use our vocals because this is not a usual thrash vocal type but the most of them at the end like it. I can say that in Worldwide listen to us more than at Greece . Their comments are very important and help us to improve ourselves , so it is a big deal for us!
8.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
8. Yes, everyday i talk with labels, but we have some disagreements. First of all our attitude is against them, we want to give free music to people. Of course if we would find a good label which give us our recording charge and promote us in good way, yes we would think about it. Or if the label would give the money to charities , yes that would be great! But we like this current situation, because we are free to make music and tell our believe's!
9.When can we expect a full length album and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
9. Full length cd is difficult to make. We just want to make Eps which will contains six or seven songs. We want to make only good songs. You know if you make a full length maybe you should put some songs that you dont like it, and we dont want to do something like that. At September we will release our new Ep "Half faces" which contains 8 songs and one new guest vocal again! At the second part, i believe that we will take a good place between the true underground bands . I know that is very difficult but we have already record 3 more new Eps , and we will not stop to write music. This is our drug and we will never stop thrashing.
10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
10. We listen to Slayer, Sodom, Exumer, Kreator, Voivod , Metallica ,Exodus, Watchtower, Iced earth and thousand of thrash and heavy metal bands, but we try to make something different , no to make a music similar like them . At this time we listen only underground staff. Unfortunatly at these days the metal gods play music only for money and the result sucks! The metal is not a kind of revolution for them . So we listen only good music.
11.What are some of your non musical interests?
11 We love sports, like football and basketball, we also love Olympiakos and Manchester United(Peter is a big Fan) . We drink Beers ,this is a great hobby . And we like chicks and similar staff , i am sure you understand me!
12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
12. First of all i want to thank you!The support always means a lot to us!
I want to say that Insaniter is not the best band ( but we hope to improve our selves ), but we love music and our music is Pure. If someone want to hear a thrash which is not similar with Classic thrash, lets give us a chance! Thanks for support us! You are InsaniteR! Thrash them all!